My Diary

Every single day, I write down my thoughts and experiences.

I remember When I was in Grade 4, our English teacher required us to make our own diary made up of recycled materials. I didn't follow and bought a small notebook instead.  Our teacher instructed us to write down what's happening in our life during weekends. And as a kid who loves playing during weekends, I haven't updated my so called Diary.

My first ever organizer way back 1999.

But you must believe me when I tell you, that at my present age of 33 (edited: 34 and turning 35 years young!) I'm still writing on my Diary! I started when I was 16 and it was June 14, 1999 to be exact.  I was a college freshman then at the University of the East - Manila. I am so excited because it's my first time that I owned an Organizer. As a freshman, this organizer can be used as a guide for my weekly plans and activities. And Since it has a directory at the back, I can easily reached out friends and colleagues with their contact details. No phone book yet because mobile phones that time is just about to boom.

Instead of writing my plans and activities, I used it as my Diary where I wrote what happened that day. I write before going sleep at night and no day that I failed to write.

My organizer still intact and I can't imagine that it was already 17 (edited: 18) years


Plans..plans..plans

This time, no one required me to write my diary, it's just that I want to write all the details about my college years. My first week of being a freshman, I wrote my comments about my professors, my subject in my course and the friends I've met. I'm so sad and depressed during the second week because my beloved Aunt died.


My first month 


Dear Diary....ooopss, I just simply wrote what's my day all about and I don't started that way!


My thoughts, experiences, problems, kilig moments, events, food I ate..that's all about my Diary!

I cant' imagine that my diary is full of my college memories. I wrote down all the ups and downs being a college student, my struggles to my hated subjects, every time that my crush passed by along our room, and of course when I had to leaved my Alma Mater and it's time to face the real world.



Even I arrived late at night I still have time to write on my Diary.

Even after I graduated and landed a job that I want, I still continue writing. Since I do fieldwork,  I usually wrote the places I've been, the persons I've encountered and even good or bad situations.

Since I'm using an organizer, I can refill the papers to attached inside. But as the years gone by, I directly wrote on the refill papers and make a mark.

This is my personal stuff so I can write what I want.  I've wrote the first time I fell in ?, my heartaches, about my inspirations, family & financial problems, my feelings & emotions and disappointments & achievements.

Every single details of my daily grind I wrote, that's why some important dates or highlights of my day were documented. From the 9/11 attacked, Graduation, EDSA 2, Typoon Yolanda/Haiyan, Death of my loved ones, Celebrities I've met and nice events I've attended, etc.



I never thought this coming June 14 I'll be celebrating my 17 (edited:18) years of writing on my Diary. I started doing that when I was a teen and now I'm on my mid 30's, that sounds great! I'm sure that even I have my family of my own or when I grow old, I will continue to write on my diary.  If ever in the future I will have a kid, I will inspire them to write their own diary too.

 In this digital age, I can't explain until now why I'm still have the passion to write daily. Maybe because it gives me happiness for sure in the coming years I will still look back how I started.


This is my recent Diary.

If I'll be given a chance and opportunity to print out this, I want it colorful and compile it as an album or book bind. I still want the same content. 

So happy that I'm celebrating 18 long years of writing my diary. Cheers!



Note: 
This entry was posted last year because I joined a Blog contest related to Diary that's why I updated/edited some. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EastWest Ageas Surveys Pinoys Personal Financial Health

Media Forum Dissects: Diabetes, Obesity, and the Sweetened Beverage Tax

Rex Education takes home awards at 21st Manuel L. Quezon Gawad Parangal, 45th Catholic Mass Media Awards