Fat Fook - a taste of Taiwan



The first thing that comes to my mind when I heard the place Taiwan is actually F4 (Flower 4), a popular Taiwanese boy group that took Asia by storm because of their phenomenal TV series Meteor Garden. Well, I'm self-confessed hooked by that series or anything that related to Taiwan.


A few weeks ago, I got a chance to discovered this newest resto in the metro and taste Taiwanese dishes named Fat Fook Taiwanese Kitchen. 'Fook' means 'luck' in Taiwan so literally means a 'big luck'. As of today, they have 2 branches, one in SM North, Quezon City and the one I have visited is their newest branch located at the 2nd floor of Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas Center.


Taiwanese cuisines is similar to Chinese cuisines. The dimsum, noodles, chicken and the like are also Fat Fook offered but their Taiwanese dishes is authentic and it is good. They have Taiwanese chef who mastered these delectable dishes.


INTERIOR
One thing that you will noticed to their interior is the Chinese plates, saucer and bowls hanging on their wall.

They have a cozy and spacious table and chairs arrangement.


 THE FOOD
Taiwanese Style Fried Noodles (Php 228)

 I love pancit or noodles. This fried noodles is my favorite because it is very flavorful. I like the semi-sweet and at the same time salty flavor of the noodles plus the mixed vegetables.


Fat Fook Chicken Chop (Php 308)

The chicken is tender and tasteful because of the breading. I was surprised because of the big chop served to us. It is good for 2-4 persons.

Taiwan Style Fried Rice (Php 258)

This rice is already complete. The meat and veggies incorporated on this rice are very flavorful.

Salted Egg Xiao Long Bao (Php 148/238 - 5pcs/8pcs)

I've been so curious even before what's the taste of Xiao Long Bao because it's what other Chinese restaurant's specialty. Finally, I have tasted it and good thing that I love salted egg and Fat Fook offered this as one...a perfect combination! 


Tikoy Sticks (Php 208)

We used to eat Tikoy or sticky chinese cake in it's simple presentation. Surprisingly, Fat Fook offered a crunchy Tikoy Stick. The sweet milky syrup on top adds a very yummy flavor.

Winter Melon Milk Tea (Php 98) / Add-ons: Big Tapioca Pearls (Php 10)
Milk teas are popular in Taiwan.  I love the taste of their Winter Melon plus the chewy pearl.

I have tasted a lot of Milk teas in the Metro and Fat Fook Winter Melon is one of my top list.

Best way to eat in Fat Fook is with your friends or loved ones. They have a big serving in all their dishes and best shared with someone.
Though I'm not good in using chopsticks, I'm still trying for a perfect Taiwanese food experience!
Good thing about Fat Fook, you can eat/buy their yummy foods through take-out! 


So if you want taste an authentic Taiwanese dishes, visit Fat Fook restaurant. Check out this 2018 their upcoming stores to open!

#WhatTheFook #TasteOfTaiwan



For more details, check
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/FatFookManila/
Instagram: @fatfookmanila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EastWest Ageas Surveys Pinoys Personal Financial Health

Media Forum Dissects: Diabetes, Obesity, and the Sweetened Beverage Tax

Rex Education takes home awards at 21st Manuel L. Quezon Gawad Parangal, 45th Catholic Mass Media Awards