MUSEUMS for the Mind and Spirit

 
It was a very long time ago since I do fieldworks. The eastern part of Metro Manila is my area since I'm living in Pasig, just a neighbor City of Marikina. I've been in Riverbanks before just to do my spare time and now I'm back after several years and I saw the big changes from before.
 
Marikina City is one of the most damaged city during the Typhoon Ondoy last 2009. I never thought how the city cope up with that kind of disaster. When I'm going to our Riverbanks tour last December 6, 2014, I was fascinated on the store/kiosk because a lot of people going around and do their shopping galore which means that Business is really doing good.
 
Group of Bloggers who attended the Riverbanks Tour last December 6, 2014.
 
 
Our Riverbank Tour was a fun-filled morning with my fellow bloggers. Our first stop is the Joey Velasco Gallery. When I walk around and take a look on Joey Velasco's art works, I was amazed because it mirrored the current situation of our country and at the same time, Jesus Christ is present. It made me realized the significance of his masterpiece when we watched a video of the making of "Hapag ng Pag-asa" (Table of Hope). I was touched to the story behind the characters because it is reality that we Filipinos should be aware.
 

"Hapag ng Pag-asa" (Table of Hope)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The late Joey Velasco, painter and writer.
 
 
 
 
 
Our next stop is The Spirit of Bethlehem, A Private Belen Collection. The over 500 belens / nativity sets / posters / painting and sculptures was owned by Ms. Gigi Abaya-Carlos. All of these were collected from different part of the world. From the largest to smallest, woods to glass are all here. Good thing is about 80% of the display is made from the Philippines and you can easily distinguish from what region that it came from. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Beside The Spirit of Bethlehem is the Museum of Miniatures. Have you imagine that different rooms from a house, including appliances, kitchenwares, tools and even a rat has a miniature version? Yes, all of these were here and it looks real. It was a part of collection of the late Aleli Vengua. All of the materials used was scrap so at least it has a beautiful and amazing results.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our last stop is the Philippine Science Centrum. As far as I remember, during my Elementary days we've gone a fieldtrip here but it was in Manila then. It's a perfect place for a science-related  tour or even curious how science works because it's fun. Visitors can experience to touch, twist, play, hear and see interactive exhibit displays.
 
 














Philippine Science Centrum,



 
It was a day of leaning and wonderful experience in Museums for the Mind and Spirit. I encourage you to visit here. The Riverbanks Center is located in A. Bonifacio Avenue, Marikina City. You may reached them at their contact number : 570-0701 loc. 332 or 333.


For more details, check:
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EastWest Ageas Surveys Pinoys Personal Financial Health

Media Forum Dissects: Diabetes, Obesity, and the Sweetened Beverage Tax

Rex Education takes home awards at 21st Manuel L. Quezon Gawad Parangal, 45th Catholic Mass Media Awards